Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wilton Armetale




OK, so not everything on this blog is philosophical. Some is just fun, and today is one of those days. I want to introduce you to Wilton Armetale. This stuff is COOL. :)


Flutes & Pearls

When I was registering for my wedding, I was blessed to be recieving a set of china from my grandmother. However, it is an older set that I could not match, so I needed to find serving pieces that would complement it. I ran across Wilton Armetale at the store and loved the idea of silver-colored pieces, so I signed up for them without examining the product to closely.

Well, much to my delight, when ladies went shopping, they looked at it alot more closely and they liked what they saw! So I recieved tons of the stuff and it has been fabulous so far. WHY is this stuff so amazing, you ask? Ok, well I'll tell you. :)

It is versatile!

Yup, that's it, the favorite word of a cook, particularly one who hates dishes. :) The pieces are lightweight, but still sturdy. They are made to edure heat and cold, so you can use them on a grill, stovetop, and in the oven as well as in the freezer. The metal element of the dish keeps hot food hot when it is being served, and it keeps cold food cold. Envision with me a moment.... You have a piece of meat. You can oil the dish, put it on the stove and heat it up, add the meat and sear it. When you are done, you can pick up the dish and put it into the oven. When it is finished, you can take the dish to the table and keep your meat piping hot. The salad that you tossed up earlier in the day in your beautiful bowl has been kept in the fridge and now you can set it out on the table as well and the cool bowl will help keep your leaves fresh. You can also just set out food on a regular tray that isn't hot or cold, and it looks very nice.

If you want to go to their website, you can even watch a demo video where they cook an entire meal in these dishes. Regardless, just wanted to share with you the product because I love it. Might be time for you to update that Christmas list! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment