Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Treat

On my to do list this fall....

Crock Pot Applesauce! As explained here:

http://womenlivingwell.org/2012/09/homemade-crock-pot-applesauce/

Simple and supposed to be yummy! One thing the post doesn't really bring out, that I read a few other places, is that it is best to mix the kinds of apples that you use in each batch.

I'll try to let you know how it turns out, but it has solid reviews so far! :)

In other news:
Professor NO has found a more professor-like job! Hooray! :)


----------------------------------------------
Update!

I tried the recipe and it worked great. It seems pretty foolproof.

I actually left it in more like 5 hours, but that might've been necessary because of my compulsion to take the lid off and stir throughout the 4 hour cook time. I used 5 Red Delicious, 3 Gala, and 3 MacIntosh. Don't know if the variety made a difference or not, but I like the result!


No comments:

Post a Comment