Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pumpkin Dump Cake

So today I want to share another recipe I recently picked up from my mom. She didn't make it while we were growing up, but I wish she had! It is called Pumpkin Dump Cake. I would describe it as something like pumpkin pie cobbler. :-) I've never been a big fan of pumpkin pie, but this, I like. I want to incorporate it into our Thanksgiving tradition to replace said pie, but the Professor is too big of a fan of the pie. I can't eradicate it completely. HOWEVER, he is also a very big fan of this cake and I think he's going to be willing to let us rotate back and forth from year to year. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Happy baking!

Ingredients
1 large can (appx. 29 oz) of Pumpkin
1 can (12 oz.) of Evaporated milk
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups of Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 yellow Cake mix
3/4 cup melted Butter or Margarine

Steps
Lightly grease 9 x 13 pan
Preheat oven to 350*
Combine all ingredients except cake mix and butter. Pour into pan.
Sprinkle cake mix lightly onto mixture. (The mixture can be thin, so if you plop too much at once it could very well sink in.)
Drizzle butter all over the top (also do this carefully, for the same reason as the last step.) The butter will mostly cover the top of the cake.
Bake at 350* for 60 min or until done.
Allow to cool enough for the pumpkin mixture to set.

Is good to serve both warm or cool. Tastes good with cool whip on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment