Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Peek Inside

Oh, hello there. Welcome to the home of Professor NO. So glad you could drop by. On this page, I plan to jot about some of the adventures of our new home, as well as pass on various tips that might be useful to my fellow housewives.

Allow me to introduce the characters of this page... I'll give you two guesses to see if you can get them right. If you do, you can pat yourself on the back. :)

First, we have Professor NO. At the moment, the Professor's life is consumed with... um... less than scholarly activities - namely, paying bills and taking care of our family. He is my knight in shining armor. :) Right now his days are occupied with the rather mundane world of management and sales, while keeping an ear to the ground in hopes that something a little more academic in nature will come his way. He's also taking classes here and there to finish another degree, which will add to his professorly-ness. :) He does find an outlet for his teaching tendencies through educating Mrs. NO on a variety of historical topics that she did not make time to study voluntarily, and through involvement in several church ministries.

The second character is me, Mrs. NO...the ever-cheerful, always-serving, energetic and supportive housewife of Professor NO. -Okay, so maybe that character is the fictional one in this post, but the real one is also named Mrs. NO. I was formerly known as Miss School Secretary. People thought I was quitting work after marriage, but I really just decided to change career fields, with the full support of the Professor. But I'll explain more about that another day.

Together, Professor NO and I have joined our lives and become one with the purpose of more effectively fulfilling our calling in life as Christians to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all of the world. By establishing a family and setting goals for our family, instead of our individual lives, we want to work as a team and enable each other to minister in the ways where we have been most gifted. For me, a large part of that calling is holding down the home front and freeing him up to pursue teaching opportunities. His work to provide for our family gives me flexibility to be involved in ministry to others that requires advance preparation. In the future, it will also allow me to care for our children. This arrangement will also give us more time for each other, so that we can continue to develop our relationship and give it a strong foundation. Today's commonly hectic lifestyle is not family-friendly so we are seeking to deliberately carve out a place for our own to thrive. I hope you will enjoy the occasional notes that you will find here -serious, informative, silly, and philisophical.

Come visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment